Sunday, August 22, 2010

‘Back door, huh? Good idea!’: Star Wars Speed Dating!

















'Star Wars' speed-dating: A three-minute shot at the chance to stop flying Solo

By Alexandra Petri
Washington Post Staff Writer
Saturday, August 21, 2010

ORLANDO -- Deciding not to wear my inflatable Jabba the Hutt suit was tough. But, I reasoned, I wanted guys to like me for my personality, not just my appearance.

So a week ago, I donned a skirt and "Star Wars" T-shirt and stepped into line with 54 other women at the entrance to a conference room on the third level of the Orange County Convention Center. We were among more than 250 fans of the sci-fi saga who showed up to participate in the first-ever bout of speed-dating at a "Star Wars" convention.


Read the story at The Washington Post.


Other lines that I bet were exchanged:

‘Get in there you big furry oaf, I don’t care what you smell!’

‘Luke, at that speed do you think you’ll be able to pull out in time?’

‘You’ve got something jammed in here real good.’ ‘

‘Look at the size of that thing!’

‘I thought that hairy beast would be the end of me.’

‘Size matters not. Judge me by my size, do you?’

‘There’s an awful lot of moisture in here.’

‘Possible he came in through the south entrance.’

‘Control, control! You must learn control!’

‘Hey, point that thing someplace else.’

‘I never knew I had it in me.’

‘There is good in him, I’ve felt it.’

‘Hey, Luke, thanks for coming after me — now I owe you one.’

‘She’s gonna blow!’

‘Pull out! You’re not doing any good back there!’

‘YAHOOOOO! You’re all clear, kid. Now let’s blow this thing and go home. ‘

“Oh. I thought they smelled bad on the *outside*.’

Thanks to RadarBot for the story!
Thanks to Myconfinedspace for the list!

No comments: